Jordan Sands seeks a Drilling and Blasting Foreman to join our fast-paced team in Mankato.
Jordan Sands, LLC, is an affiliate of Coughlan Companies, Inc. Jordan Sands strives to be a leader in the mining, processing and distribution of quality industrial sand products and intends to continue the 125 year Coughlan family legacy of service to the greater Mankato area by providing superior employment opportunities for its residents, responsible environmental stewardship, creating community and employee opportunities and delivering superior products and services to its customers.
This position will perform drilling and blasting activities in accordance with Company best management practices to achieve anticipated production goals; supports the direction of the Mining Supervisor; reports blasting results and status to Mining Supervisor for input and direction.
- Works as job site driller/blaster and receives direction from Mining Supervisor.
- Provides input of drill/blast-related activities to aid Mining Supervisor in the development of drill/blast designs.
- Works with Mining Supervisor to develop and initiate continuous improvement projects.
- Assists Mining Supervisor with blast data review and compiling relevant, up-to-date regression curve analysis.
- Accurately complete drill logs, load sheets in accordance with Company policies.
- Ensures that holes are drilled to current plan, correct pattern, depth, and inclination to achieve desired blast results.
- Identifies blast site problems and resolves with Mining Supervisor, if necessary.
- Perform daily maintenance activities required for safe, efficient operation of assigned equipment.
- Maximize the usage of all drill/blast supplies.
- Inventory supplies; understand cost of supplies, maintenance, and drill accessories.
- Recommend and/or place supply and material orders as needed.
The ideal candidate will have 5 years of mining experience, along with 3+ years working with drills and explosives. This individual must be extremely reliable, self-motivated, safety and detail conscious, committed to attaining or surpassing daily work load schedules, attentive to work area environment, and able to quickly react to changing issues/concerns and support duties.
We offer excellent benefits including medical, dental, paid time off, paid holidays, disability insurance, life insurance, 401k with company match, and a rewarding work environment. Our wages are competitive, we offer training, and the opportunity to thrive in a growing business. Please send resume and salary history to: E-mail: email@example.com or apply online at www.capstonepub.com.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Pre-Employment Background Check and Drug Screen Required